Clock Name: Vanderbilt
Maker Name: Ridgeway
H: 94" (239cm)
W: 33 1/2" (85cm)
D: 19 1/2" (50cm)
More Information: This clock is available through The Clock Shop location in the Woodlands or can be ordered through us and delivered to you at any location in the United States.
With The Clock Shop,
shipping is always free!
For purchase of any Ridgeway Floor/Grandfather Clock
* When George Vanderbilt conceived Biltmore, his goal was to create a home where family and friends could find an oasis from the everyday and have a life experience so extraordinary it would stir the senses and rejuvenate the spirit. Create your own legacy of extraordinary living in your home with the Vanderbilt Limited Edition grandfather clock.
* Inspired by many priceless artifacts from George Vanderbilt's collection, this magnificent timepiece embodies the quality and craftsmanship that is Biltmore. Handcrafted in the United States, the solid hardwood case features only the finest American Cherry and Crotch Mahogany throughout. The gracefully arched split pediment displays bookmatched crotch mahogany, framed with an inlaid border of hard maple and ebonized anegre. The delicate vine inlays combine Avodire, Padauk, Black Cherry, and Magnolia woods in a superb arrangement. A spiral-carved finial sits on a reeded base between the solid cherry crown mouldings of the pediment.
* Anchoring the stately design are two massive three inch solid cherry reeded columns, set against the canted pilasters of the main cabinet. Side access upper doors allow for convenient storage of the winding crank and key. Complementing the pediment is a finely detailed base, which also features an inlaid panel of Crotch Mahogany. Raised corner blocks with enhanced crotch mahogany inlay, bridge the sculpted feet with the columns above.
* Crafted exclusively for the Vanderbilt Limited Edition, a dial of brushed pewter and bright silver details blend effortlessly to create a truly unique timepiece. The brushed nickel back plate is highlighted by an elegant scroll design. Aged brass castings adorn the dial center and corners to accentuate the scroll details. The numeral ring features black Roman numerals framed by a circular minute track. Synchronized with the 28 day lunar cycle, the rotating moon dial features an image of the Biltmore House on one half, with an image of Biltmore Gardens on the opposite half of the disc. In the center of the dial of your Vanderbilt Limited Edition floor clock is a placard individually engraved with a sequential number as each clock is crafted. This heirloom-quality clock will be limted to only 250 total pieces, coinciding with the number of rooms at Biltmore House.
* In keeping with the fine details of the clock dial, brushed pewter weight shells and pendulum showcase the mid-cabinet. Intricately detailed embossed banding highlight the brushed pewter weights. A large 275mm (10-7/8") diameter pendulum regulates the German-made, solid brass, precision mechanical movement. At the center of the pendulum bob, an aged brass ring surrounds the circular-spun center. Completing the mid-cabinet is Ridgeway's exclusive dual lamp touch lighting system to softly illuminate the double crystal-cut v-grooved glass of the lower door.
* A mechanical cable-driven movement rings a choice of three beautiful melodies--Westminster, St.Michael's and Whittington chimes with a selectable night silence option. Free engraved brass plate anda two-year warranty are included.